Every month, groups meet all around town, discussing the same “issue of the month.” Conversations take place in a variety of venues - schools, houses of worship, community centers, coffee shops and restaurants – and will last about an hour. Trained facilitators lead the group through a structured dialogue, giving everyone a chance to share their thoughts and respond to what they’ve heard others say. Check in regularly to see what the topic of the month is and find a meeting convenient for you!
July 2016: We Are Orlando
Last month’s events in Orlando, Florida have profoundly impacted our nation, communities, and each of us as individuals. In the aftermath of a tragedy like this, the Conversation Corps team believes it is important for our community to come together in a way that will help us heal and enable us to understand each other despite our differences. Conversation Corps is partnering with Interfaith Action of Central Texas (iACT) and combining their model for meaningful dialogue with our own to foster empathy, cooperation, and growth in our community. Join with us throughout July to cultivate a culture of open communication and civic dialogue in the public, private, and social spheres.
Come and share with others how this tragedy has affected you personally and explore with others how to create a positive outcome. These conversations will help us identify barriers to mutual understanding that exist in our community and examine ways that public agencies can be a resource in building a culture of civility in the wake of polarizing events.
- June 2016: The Power of the People and Petitions
- May 2016: AISD Fiscal Realities - Budget & Community Challenges
- April 2016: Your Mobility Priorities
- March 2016: Recylcying & Composting - Creating a Zero Waste City
- February 2016: Parking & Transit
- January 2016: Water Conservation & Sustainability
- November 2015: Special Events at City Parks
- October 2015: Arts & Creativity
- September 2015: Community Engagement
- August 2015: Workforce Development
- July 2015: Affordability
- June 2015: Mobility
- May 2015: Budget Priorities
- March 2015