Every month, groups meet all around town, discussing the same “issue of the month.” Conversations take place in a variety of venues - schools, houses of worship, community centers, coffee shops and restaurants – and will last about an hour. Trained facilitators lead the group through a structured dialogue, giving everyone a chance to share their thoughts and respond to what they’ve heard others say. Check in regularly to see what the topic of the month is and find a meeting convenient for you!
May 2016: AISD Fiscal Realities - Budget & Community Challenges
The Austin Independent School District is facing budget pressures. Over the past four years the school district has experienced an enrollment decline, which has resulted in a 47.9 million dollar loss. A multi-year financial plan is in place that will keep a balanced budget through 2017. However, the district is forecasting a deficit from 2018 through 2020. AISD is seeking meaningful dialogue and creative input to address the concerns around this fiscal reality. What can AISD and its community partners do to increase enrollment throughout the district? Join a conversation in May to help inform budget and enrollment challenges.
- April 2016: Your Mobility Priorities
- March 2016: Recylcying & Composting - Creating a Zero Waste City
- February 2016: Parking & Transit
- January 2016: Water Conservation & Sustainability
- November 2015: Special Events at City Parks
- October 2015: Arts & Creativity
- September 2015: Community Engagement
- August 2015: Workforce Development
- July 2015: Affordability
- June 2015: Mobility
- May 2015: Budget Priorities
- March 2015